Monday, November 15, 2010

RACHEL'S CHRISTMAS CONCERT

A couple of weeks ago I asked how many in the chorus might be interested in participating in LPO harpist Rachel Van Voorhees' annual Christmas Concert at St. Louis Cathedral. (Several SCNO members who had participated in the past offered hearty endorsements. The response was large and enthusiastic, so here is what you need to know:

You should attend one (or both) of the following music-learning rehearsals:
7:00 - 8:00 PM on Monday, November 29
and/or
8:00 - 9:00 PM on Wednesday, December 1

The mandatory "Dress" Rehearsal is
10:00 AM to 12:00 PM (noon) on Saturday, December 4

All the above rehearsals will take place at St. Paul Episcopal Church.

The concert is at 6:00 PM on Sunday, December 5 at St. Louis Cathedral.

MUSIC WILL BE PROVIDED (I will be asking for a commitment from singers at Tuesday night rehearsal, so Rachel can prepare the appropriate number of folders). I'll bring a copy to tomorrow's rehearsal if you want to see the repertoire before deciding - it's nice stuff, though...

This should be a fun opportunity to sing some appealing Christmas music with harp. I hope you can participate!

3 comments:

Kerstin said...

Steven- please, count me in for Rachel's christmas concert - it's a day before I'm leaving for Germany so I would love to participate. Kerstin

CajunQueen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I know this is late, but what is the address for St. Paul's? I've found two on Mapquest. I want to make sure I wind up at the right one...