Sunday, September 21, 2008

G&S and Reluctant Dragon

At our rehearsal on Tuesday, September 23rd we will also begin to determine who is interested in singing in our repeat performance of choruses from Gilbert & Sullivan operettas and John Rutter's Reluctant Dragon for the Trinity Artist Series at 5 pm on Sunday, November 9th.

Everyone who sang this past June for the Thursdays at Twilight concert in City Park is welcome to return, and we are certain to have a few openings for newbies, too!

Video of our performance of the Rutter is available at
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=961xdT5YDJw
Look for parts two and three in the related videos list to the right...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I just ran into Jonathan in front of my office and told him we are doing a repeat performance of the G&S and Dragon from the summer and that we would love to get him back as the narrator of "The Reluctant Dragon" and the Carpenter's Mate for "A British Tar" He told me that he was dealing with some family issues which may well require him to go out to the west coast. He explained that this was the main reason he hadn't been coming to our practices. I brought him into my office and took his phone #s. He told me that he would have a clearer idea of whether and/or when he would have to leave town by next week. I gave him one of my cards and asked him to give me a call when he had a better idea.
Phill S